Daren K. Cottam
1067 East Ramose
Toquerville, UT 84774
Serve individuals and entities with the experience I have obtained in the construction industry.
Southern Utah University Cedar City, UT
Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration, Minor in Marketing June 1990
Dixie State College St. George, UT
Associates of Science Degree June 1987
A-T Asphalt Paving, Inc.
- Oversee all operations of A-T Asphalt Paving, Inc. and its affiliated entities including Southern Utah Asphalt, SUA, LC, DCM Cottam Properties, LC, Longpoint Development, Inc., Secretary/Treasurer 2009-Present
- Oversee all development and property management functions including managing and acquisition of new properties.
Toquerville City Council
- Oversee Public Works Department, Metropolitan Planning Organization and Risk LaVerkin City Council, Councilman 1997-2001
- Oversee Public Works Department, LaVerkin City Recreational Department, Centennial Road Project (2000) reconstructing over 1/3 of the community's road
Oasis Yogurt & Deli, Mesquite, NV
Owner and operator. 1990-1992
- Successfully owned and operated restaurant and sold business for a profit.
Utah State Legislature
- Legislative Intern for Senator Dixie Leavitt and Glade Nielsen.
- Liaison between Senators and their constituents.
- Worked with State Capitol Staff and other congressmen on various legislative projects including:
- State of Utah Higher Education budgets
- State Insurance Committee issues
Family and religious convictions are more important to me personally than any
aspirations or professional opportunities afforded me. I believe in a "balance of life"
and strive to give my all at whatever activity I am involved in at the time.